Classification of dental cavities: The removal of damaged tissue will create a series of cavities with various sizes and shapes which will require restoration. In order to understand the difference in price, here are the classifications
According to depth:
- Superficial cavities with enamel involvement and limited damage to the dentine and thick layer of intact dentine.
- Deep cavities with extended involvement of the dental layer and low layer of intact dentine
- The obturation (filling) for a deep filling, in close proximity of the pulp will have a higher cost, justified by the need of additional base obturation.
- The criteria which determines the price of a filling are depth, number of restored surfaces and the restored area.
The international classification (Black’s principles)
- Class I – Found in pits and fissures of: occlusal surfaces of premolars and molars; buccal or lingual pits of the molars; lingual pit near the cingulum of the maxillary incisors.
- Class II – Found on the proximal (mesial and distal) surfaces of premolars and molars.
- Class III – Found on the proximal (mesial and distal) surfaces of incisors and canines.
- Class IV – Found on the proximal surfaces of incisors and canines, but also will involve the incisal edge.
- Class V – Found on gingival third (the area near the gingiva) of the facial or lingual surfaces of any tooth.
- Class VI – Involve the incisal edges of anterior teeth and the occlusal surfaces of posterior teeth that have been worn away due to abrasion.
|Preparation and obturation of cavities with GC FUJI IX glass ionomers||150||RON|
|Preparation and obturation of one surface cavities (CL.I,V) with photopolymerizable composite||200||RON|
|Preparation and obturation of two surfaced cavities (CL.II) with photopolymerizable composite||240||RON|
|Preparation and obturation of three surfaced cavities (M.O.D.) with photopolymerizable composite||270||RON|
|Preparation and obturation of three Preparation and obturation of frontals (CL.III,IV) with photopolymerizable composite||270||RON|
|Obturation anchored with Cytec glass fiber fixture||200||RON|