Dental Tomography Bucharest – CT Scaning
[rev_slider tomografia-in-implantologie-ct-510×217] [hr_shadow][grandmp3 id=11253 autoplay=false]
DENTAL TOMOGRAPHY IN IMPLANTOLOGY
At LLL Dental, we have included in the standard, mandatory protocol of dental implants at least one dental tomography (CT scan), due to the quality of information it provides. We believe that, before we start any procedure, we must collect all available and exact data.
3D Imaging (the dental CT scanner) allows the implantologist to assess the shape and size of the alveolar ridge, available bone and its density, prior to the surgical insertion of the implant. According to these parameters, he chooses the right implants (size), the right shape (conical, Cylinder), the helix size and range etc.
Making the right choice of implants, depending on the quantity and quality of maxillary bones is even more important than choosing the right manufacturer (brand).
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A DENTAL TOMOGRAPHY
[hr] The CT scan reveals the relationship between various anatomical structures and determines the exact distance between them:
- Identifies the position of maxillary sinuses and access routes (external sinus lift).
- Determines the volume of artificial bone necessary for bone regeneration (lateral or vertical augmentation, sinus lift) for the purpose of dental implant insertion.
- Identifies the position of mandibular canal and highlights the lower alveolar bone.
- Identifies the position of the root of teeth adjacent to the future implants.
- The exact assessment of other formations which may constitute anatomical barriers for implant insertion.
- The maxillary bone density in the area of implant insertion.
On the Dental tomography (CT scan), we can simulate the future dental implants and make a virtual analysis of various treatment options, with advantages and disadvantages. In this way, we can choose the optimum insertion of the implant, on top of which we will make the future artificial teeth (dental restorative pieces on implants). The information comprised in the DICOM files of dental CT scans can be turned into real artificial models of the maxillary bones. We use these models to create the surgical guides which, during surgery, will direct the shaping of the bone at the right depth and in the position on the scan. This technique is of great help to less experienced implantologists, but also in extremely difficult cases, reducing the risks incurred by surgical procedures associated with implant insertion.
[top_link]to beginning[/top_link] [hr_shadow][button url=”https://www.llldental.ro/en/contact/” target=”_self” size=”small” style=”tealgrey” ]DENTAL TOMOGRAPHY BUCHAREST|Bucharest Romania[/button]